The Monte Sano Supper Club is approaching its 17th year! Founded in 1999, the Club’s purpose is to foster friendships on the mountain. Each month, participants will have dinner with a different group of people in a small setting so as to be able to better get to know each other. Dinners are usually held in member’s homes, with the host/hostess deciding on whether to make the entire dinner themselves or ask each guest to bring a dish to share. (The latter is the most popular choice.) Each couple/household usually hosts two times per year.
- Supper Club dinners are scheduled for the second Saturday of each month, but if needed each small group is totally free to change the date and time to better suit their schedules or enjoy a lunch or brunch.
- On the second Saturday of each the summer months of June, July and August the Club members in town meet at the pool for a potluck dinner. Anyone interested in attending these supper potlucks is most welcome. Just show up at the pool at 6:00 p.m., bring a dish to share and beverage. Paper plates, napkins, utensils, cups and ice are provided by the Club.
- The last potluck gathering for this season will be on August 8, 2015.
- Please note that if the weather is bad or looks “iffy”, call Carol Edwards (256-489-5243) first to be sure the location hasn’t been changed.
- Sign-ups for the 2015 – 2016 will begin mid-July just watch for signs. If there are questions, feel free to call or email Carol.
The Monte Sano Supper Club is an excellent way to stay connected with old friends and to meet new ones. Come join the fun… we’d love to have you!