ESTATE SALE – The Hendricks at 4109 Panorama Dr is having a ONE DAY ONLY Estate Sale. Items include: quality woodworking tools, band saw, shaper, table saw, lathe, all with accessories, golf clubs, vintage fishing reels, poles, jigs , etc.. Custom made furniture, a lot of unique things, a whole lifetime of things. Sat. Sept 27th 8:00 AM till 5:00 PM. ONE DAY ONLY
Sweet little dog named Burritt, for obvious reasons, has had his eye operated on and fixed, and has a wonderful disposition and at this point I think that we are looking for a forever home. Crate trained, neutered, 2 years old and sweet, sweet, sweet! Please Caroline at 256-468-0663.
Lost on 9/16/2014 at 1207 Monte Sano blvd. Black and white female short-hair. Please contact Vivian at 256-213-6066 with any information, questions or updates.
LOST DOG – Dynamite
Boxer lab mix, very friendly, and wearing a royal blue collar with his name on it. He was last seen at our house on Thursday evening August 21st. He was spotted on Monte Sano Blvd this week. If anyone has seen him or sees him, please contact Don Masterson at 256-337-7311 or Sara Masterson at 256-337-6209.
Huntsville Obedience Training Club Dog Fair 2014
The Huntsville Obedience Training Club (HOTC) will hold its 2014 Dog Fair on Saturday, September 27th from 9am to 3 pm at Monte Sano State Park (free with $5.00 park admission). Attractions include: public participation agility and rally, freestyle demonstrations, micro-chipping clinic ($30/dog), Canine Good Citizen® test, lots of games and prizes and adoptable dogs. All dogs must be on-leash. Come have fun with your dog! For more information visit www.dogfair.org.
Trunk or Treat (for Kids)
Monte Sano United Methodist Church
The Monte Sano Supper Club is approaching its 16th year! Founded in 1999, the Club’s purpose is to foster friendships on the mountain. Each month, participants will have dinner with a different group of people in a small setting so as to be able to better get to know each other. Dinners are usually held in member’s homes, with the host/hostess deciding on whether to make the entire dinner themselves or ask each guest to bring a dish to share. (The latter is the most popular choice.) Each couple/household usually hosts two times per year.
- Supper Club dinners are scheduled for the second Saturday of each month, but if needed each small group is totally free to change the date and time to better suit their schedules or enjoy a lunch or brunch.
- On the second Saturday of each the summer months of June, July and August the Club members in town meet at the pool for a potluck dinner. Anyone interested in attending these supper potlucks is most welcome. Just show up at the pool at 6:00 p.m., bring a dish to share and beverage. Paper plates, napkins, utensils, cups and ice are provided by the Club.
- The last potluck gathering for this season will be on August 9, 2014.
- Please note that if the weather is bad or looks “iffy”, call Carol Edwards (256-489-5243) first to be sure the location hasn’t been changed.
- Sign-ups for the 2014 – 2015 will begin mid-July just watch for signs. If there are questions, feel free to call Carol.
The Monte Sano Supper Club is an excellent way to stay connected with old friends and to meet new ones. Come join the fun… we’d love to have you!
WEEKLY BURRITT HAPPENINGS FLYER, Aug 28th.
WHAT IS THAT RED BOX IN THE LITTLE GREEN STORE PARKING LOT??
It is a Little Free Library! And it is for YOU! This little red “box” is packed with books to be shared by our community. The idea is Take one, Leave one. The books are always a gift, never for sale. It is for your enjoyment and reading! So GO AHEAD, TAKE ONE, LEAVE ONE… and tell your friends and neighbors. HAPPY READING! This Little Free Library is maintained by Betsy Estopinal. Call 256-653-5364 with any concerns.
Monte Sano State Park Manager
Kent Wilburn has delayed his retirement. There will not be a farewell party.