There will be celebration of Danny Wilmoth’s life on Saturday, August 23 starting at 6:30pm at the Monte Sano Pool.
Mr. A. M. (Smokey) Robertson passed away Friday, 8 August 2014. His wife, Bobbie, and their two sons, Mike and Al, resided on Monte Sano for many years.
Visitation will be held from 4-6 at The Valhalla Funeral Home in Huntsville on Friday, August 15.
Huntsville Obedience Training Club Dog Fair 2014
The Huntsville Obedience Training Club (HOTC) will hold its 2014 Dog Fair on Saturday, September 27th from 9am to 3 pm at Monte Sano State Park (free with $5.00 park admission). Attractions include: public participation agility and rally, freestyle demonstrations, micro-chipping clinic ($30/dog), Canine Good Citizen® test, lots of games and prizes and adoptable dogs. All dogs must be on-leash. Come have fun with your dog! For more information visit www.dogfair.org.
The Monte Sano Supper Club is approaching its 16th year! Founded in 1999, the Club’s purpose is to foster friendships on the mountain. Each month, participants will have dinner with a different group of people in a small setting so as to be able to better get to know each other. Dinners are usually held in member’s homes, with the host/hostess deciding on whether to make the entire dinner themselves or ask each guest to bring a dish to share. (The latter is the most popular choice.) Each couple/household usually hosts two times per year.
- Supper Club dinners are scheduled for the second Saturday of each month, but if needed each small group is totally free to change the date and time to better suit their schedules or enjoy a lunch or brunch.
- On the second Saturday of each the summer months of June, July and August the Club members in town meet at the pool for a potluck dinner. Anyone interested in attending these supper potlucks is most welcome. Just show up at the pool at 6:00 p.m., bring a dish to share and beverage. Paper plates, napkins, utensils, cups and ice are provided by the Club.
- The last potluck gathering for this season will be on August 9, 2014.
- Please note that if the weather is bad or looks “iffy”, call Carol Edwards (256-489-5243) first to be sure the location hasn’t been changed.
- Sign-ups for the 2014 – 2015 will begin mid-July just watch for signs. If there are questions, feel free to call Carol.
The Monte Sano Supper Club is an excellent way to stay connected with old friends and to meet new ones. Come join the fun… we’d love to have you!
Letter sent to the Honorable Judge Haikala
The Monte Sano Civic Association sent the attached letter to the Honorable Judge Haikala on June 19th to show support of the Huntsville City School Board and the Huntsville Council of PTAs for their position on the recent school zoning issue. Letter to Judge Haikala / MSCA Website
WEEKLY BURRITT HAPPENINGS FLYER, Aug 20th.
WHAT IS THAT RED BOX IN THE LITTLE GREEN STORE PARKING LOT??
It is a Little Free Library! And it is for YOU! This little red “box” is packed with books to be shared by our community. The idea is Take one, Leave one. The books are always a gift, never for sale. It is for your enjoyment and reading! So GO AHEAD, TAKE ONE, LEAVE ONE… and tell your friends and neighbors. HAPPY READING! This Little Free Library is maintained by Betsy Estopinal. Call 256-653-5364 with any concerns.
Monte Sano State Park Manager
Kent Wilburn has delayed his retirement. There will not be a farewell party.